12 October 2008

if it's not too late for coffee,

i'll be at your place at ten
we'll hit that all night diner
and then we'll see
--Copeland

coffee and comfort.

hungover?
have a cup of coffee.
break up?
coffee.
unexpected pregnancy?
decaf.
don't have a single thing to say to someone you think you would really get along with?
try going out for coffee.

i can't count the number of "mornings after" that i have woken up and either immediately gotten in my car to get coffee or dragged my dehydrated self out of bed and turned on the coffee pot that i purposely set up the night before. i know that coffee doesn't do much for dehydration, but it's the hot, bitter, cozy concept of it.

coffee, on many occasions, makes a (coffee drinking) person just feel better.

the other night a dear friend of mine texted me in a situation of distress. so i told her i would pick her up and we would go to Waffle House for coffee. we were there from eleven thirty until three thirty. we did nothing but talk, drink coffee and water, and i smoked. we talked about everything. because i took her out for coffee, i was able to get her to safely talk about her problems and simultaneously get her mind off of them. if we hadn't gone out, we probably would have just headed back to her apartment and sulked on the couches until we fell asleep.

i know that coffee doesn't work for everybody. and i also know that it doesn't cure hangovers and it ESPECIALLY doesn't sober you up. my friends and i joke that if you drink coffee while drunk, you're far more prone to make stupid, drunk, mistakes faster. but coffee, like caffeine is more of a psychological thing. you feel better because you know you're supposed to.

coming soon: my two year coffee-versary is on halloween! hooray! (i think i'll dress up in all black with a press badge and a beret and call myself a french press. try not to be too impressed.) also, coming soon, my history with kimberly, my best friend, and the way we drink our coffee.

Is there anything you want to know about? Read about? I would love some feedback from whoever is reading this. And thank you for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're cool. I check your blog a lot.

Seth C. said...

Mhm...I agree. After a long night of studying, I often go to Waffle House to drink coffee and wind down with whoever happened to be studying with me.

Also, after my last relationship ended, where did I go with Q-buam? To the WaHo for coffee. Your right about that or at the very least, your onto something.

Therefore, you are going on my RSS feed.

P.S. I agree about the drunk person and coffee. All coffee does for a drunk person is make a really alert drunk. :)